At Abokado, we’re conscious of the impact plastic has on our environment, and we’re always looking for ways to reduce our use. Here are some of our new and upcoming initiatives:
- We partner with First Mile, our refuse collectors. On average First Mile recycle 66% of all the material they collect. That compares to an average recycling rate of just 33% in London. All of the waste disposed of in store goes to state-of-the-art sorting and processing facilities. Absolutely nothing at all goes to landfill. Whatever First Mile can't recycle is used to produce green energy. They’re also carbon neutral. As green as you get. If you’d like more information visit their website on: https://www.thefirstmile.co.uk/
- We introduced biodegradable pulp paper packaging for our Vitality Salad range (we think they look pretty neat too).
- In 2018, we launched our bamboo re-usable cup, your first coffee’s on us when you buy it, plus you’ll save a further 25p on any hot drink every time you re-use it. In fact, when you use any reusable cup at Abokado, we’ll give you 25p off any hot drink of your choice. Re-use, Recycle and Re-enjoy!
- We’re in the process of eliminating all laminates from our kitchen operations, moving to a fully digital system
- Soon, we’ll be introducing biodegradable cutlery to our stores. In the meantime, we’ve reduced our existing plastic cutlery range by 25%, simply by removing plastic knives from our stores.